Setex Technologies Privacy Notice
Last updated: 13 October 2021.
We know that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so sensibly. This Privacy Notice describes how Setex Technologies Inc. (“SetexTechnologies”) collects and processes your personal information through Setex Technologies websites, including SetexGrip.com, online services, stores, that reference this Privacy Notice (together our “Online Services”). By using Setex Technologies Online Services you are consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
What personal information about customers do we collect?
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect. We may collect these types of information:
Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you provide in relation to our Online Services. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our Online Services. For example, we collect information when you:
- search or shop for products or services in SetexGrip.myshopify.com;
- add or remove an item from your cart, or place an order through or use our Online Services;
- communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise;
- complete a questionnaire on our website.
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as:
- identifying information such as your name, address, email, and phone numbers;
- payment information;
- your location information;
- your IP address; and
- company information.
Automatic Information: We automatically collect and store certain types of information about your use of our Online Services, including information about your interaction with content and services available through our Online Services. Like many websites, we use "cookies" and other unique identifiers, and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses our Online Services and other content served by or on behalf of setextechnologies.myshopify.com on other websites. Examples of the information we may automatically collect and analyze include:
- the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet;
- the location of your device or computer;
- version and time zone settings;
- purchase history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers;
- the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our websites, including date and time; products and content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs); and
- phone numbers used to call our customer service number.
We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on devices, applications, and our web pages to collect browsing, usage, or other technical information.
Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources, such as updated delivery and address information from our carriers. Examples of information we may receive from other sources include:
- identifying information such as your name, address, and email from service providers that you use such as Google Pay, PayPal, or Shop Pay;
- updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we may use to update our records.
What about cookies?
- Recognizing you when you sign-in to use our services. This allows us to provide you with product recommendations, display personalized content, and provide other customized features and services.
- Keeping track of your specified preferences.
- Keeping track of items stored in your shopping basket.
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve our content, products, and services. Preventing fraudulent activity.
- Improving security.
- Delivering content, including ads, relevant to your interests on setextechnologies.myshopify.com and relevant third-party sites.
- Reporting. This allows us to measure and analyze the performance of our services.
Our cookies allow you to take advantage of some of the essential features of our Online Services. For example, if you block or otherwise reject our cookies, you may not be able to add items to your Shopping Cart, proceed to Checkout, or purchase products on SetexGrip.myshopify.com.
You can manage browser cookies through your browser settings. The 'Help' feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, how to block cookies, and when cookies will expire. If you block all cookies on your browser, neither we nor third parties will transfer cookies to your browser. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some features and services may not work.
For what purposes do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve our Online Services. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of our Online Services.
- Recommendations and personalization. We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with our Online Services.
- Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws. For example, we may collect information regarding the place of your business establishment information for identity verification and other purposes.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to Online Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, e-mail, chat).
- Advertising. We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you. We do not use information that personally identifies you to display interest-based ads.
Do we share your personal information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling our customers’ personal information to others. We share customers’ personal information only as described below.
- Transactions involving Third Parties: We make available to you services, products, applications, or skills provided by third parties for use on or through our Online Services. For example, you can use the payment services of Google Pay, PayPal, or Shop Pay. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customers’ personal information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content, scoring, assessing and managing credit risk, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Protection of Setex Technologies and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of SetexGrip.com users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How secure is your personal information?
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
- SetexGrip.myshopify.com is, as a Shopify platform store, compliant with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data. Shopify is certified Level 1 PCI DSS compliant. To learn more, see https://www.shopify.com/security/pci-compliant.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Advertising and marketing
- Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites: Online Services may include third-party advertising and links to other websites and apps. Third-party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content, advertising, and services.
- Use of Third-Party Advertising Services: We provide ad companies with information that allows them to serve you with more useful and relevant ads and to measure their effectiveness. We never share your name or other information that directly identifies you when we do this. Instead, we use an advertising identifier like a cookie or other device identifier.
What information can I access?
- You can access your information, including your name, address, payment options, and last order by using the link provided in the email confirmation we send you after you submit your order. Examples of information you can access through the email link are:
- status of your last order;
- personally identifiable information (including name and e-mail); and
- payment information.
Are Children Allowed to Use our Online Services?
- SetexGrip.com does not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may not use our Online Services.
What are the data protection rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)?
If you are in the European Union (EU), as a data subject, you have, subject to possible restrictions under national law, the right to access, rectification, erasure, restriction of processing and data portability with regard to your personal data. In addition, you can withdraw your consent and object to our processing of your personal data.
Specific data protection rights under the GDPR include:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you are in the European Union and would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email privacy@SetexGrip.com. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Terms and conditions
If you choose to use our Online Services, your use and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Privacy Notice and our Terms and Conditions, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Privacy policies of other websites
Changes to our Privacy Notice
As our business changes, our Privacy Notice will change also. You should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
How to contact us
If you have any concern about privacy at Setex Technologies, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Email us at: privacy@SetexGrip.com
Or write to us at:
Setex Technologies Inc.
91 43rd St., Suite 130
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15201 U.S.A.
Attention: SetexGrip Privacy